SUN YAT-SEN FESTIVAL
LAHAINA CELEBRATES THE 150TH BIRTHDAY OF DR. SUN YAT-SEN, FATHER OF MODERN CHINA
AT THE WO HING MUSEUM ON FRONT STREET IN LAHAINA
Concert in Campbell Park
5-7pm Maui Jam performing featuring Hula and Hawaiian music
7-8pm Line Dancing with “Get up and Dance” from Keoni’s Dance Studio
Maui Humane Society will be in the park selling their 2017 Calendar
LahainaTown Action Committee in partnership with Leilani’s and Betty’s Beach Cafe work together to sponsor several west side Keiki nonprofits. This assistance allows the nonprofits to fundraise and the event supports our community. Campbell Park has local ono grinds from 5:30 to 8 p.m. The LahainaTown Action Committee invites you to share in the fun while enjoying a live music concert with a cause. Nonprofit groups rotate but include:
o Waiola Church
o Boys & Girls Club of Maui, Lahaina Club- Sponsored by Leilani’s
o Na Ki`a i O Waine`e
o Hawaiian Civic Club-Sponsored by Betty’s Beach Café
o Kamehameha 3rd PTA-Sponsored by Bubba Gump Shrimp Company
Also in the park – Surf Dogs, Tropsicles and Hawaii Fudge Company
Special Thanks to Sponsors: Waiola Church, Betty’s Beach Café, Leilani’s, Kimos, Captain Jack’s Island Grill, Cool Cat Café, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.& Hard Rock Café. For more information, please call Lahaina Visitor Center at 667-9193.
Friday Night is Art Night in Lahaina
Hele Mai – As the sun sets and pau hana begins, what better way to start the weekend than to shop the world renowned art galleries, meet artists, talk story and share in some complimentary pupu and wine from 6-9 p.m. Pick up your free Art Map compliments of the Lahaina Visitor Center at the old Lahaina Courthouse in Banyan Tree Park
LAHAINA ART GALLERIES
- Kai Pua Gallery: Live glass blowing by Sean Price. Special deals.
- Peter Lik Gallery: Special promotions on art.
- Maui Hands Gallery: Featured artist 4:30 to 7:30pm.
- The Village Galleries: 3’s a Charm featuring Deybra Fair, Janet Davis & Lollie Groth. Refreshments will be served
- Simon Jon Gallery: Unique Hawaiian wood bowls by artist Jonathan Somaoang, offering 10-20% off select items
- Sargent’s Fine Art: Featured Artist. Enjoy the music of Curt Lee every Friday Art Night at the gallery. Serving Wine.
- Martin Lawrence Gallery: Serving Wine and Pupu’s.
- Kingwell Island Art: Jim Kingwell will be doing an art demo. Wine and pupu’s will be served.
- Daryl Millard Gallery: Daryl will be painting at the easel and talking about his work. Refreshments will be served.
- Contemporary Masters: Wine and Pupu’s will be served.
- Lahaina Printsellers: Wine and Pupu’s
- Vintage Posters: Wine and Pupu’s and Poster Presentations.
- Diamond Head: Serving wine.
- Higgins Harte Gallery International: Wine and pupu’s will be served.
- DeRubies Fine Art of Metal: Serving wine & deserts.
- Gallery Rafael: Rafael painting at gallery
- Gallery 505: Local Artist Dabo will be in the gallery.
- Christopher Egan Gallery: Live Music with Kiran Clark. Free gift with purchase, Serving wine.
- Kimo’s: Live music with Willie K 9-11pm $5.00 cover charge. Pick up your Hula pie coupon at the Lahaina Visitor Center at Banyan Tree Park for free admission.
- Pioneer Inn: Live Hawaiian entertainment 6-9pm
- Longhi’s: Live music overlooking the water, 7-10 p.m.
- Hard Rock Cafe: Live music
- The Wharf Cinema Center: Live Music Center Stage with Uncle Lui Williams
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: Live Music Happy Hour 2-5PM Johnny Ringo
- Cool Cat Café: Live music overlooking the Banyan Tree – Johnny Ringo 7:00-10:30pm
MERCHANT, RESTAURANTS & FOODIE SPECIALS
- Ono Gelato Company: Gluten-free baked goods, homemade gelato-filled cannoli 10% kama`aina discount.
- Kimo’s: Free hula pie with coupon (stop by the Lahaina Visitor Center for coupons)
- Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar: 20% kama`aina discount on teppanyaki dining
- The Pioneer Inn: $5 pupu menu
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% off submarine tours
- Hard Rock Café: 15% kama`aina discount
- Betty’s Beach Café: Buy one burger, get one free (of equal or lesser value, after 4 p.m.) Not valid with any other promotions.
- Sugar Cane: Happy hour 2:30-5:30. Pupu’s and drink specials with an ocean view
- Banyan Treats: 10% discount on full menu.
- Lahaina Sunglass Co. & Pakaloha Bikini’s: DJ Daniel J 5-9pm on the oceanfront dancing deck. Bikini models and door prizes.
- Maui Swiss Café: 10% off full menu; Happy Ice Cream Hour is 4-8 p.m., with the second scoop free – featuring Roselani Ice Cream
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Company: Free appetizer with coupon (available at the Lahaina Visitor Center, at the Old Lahaina Courthouse. See coupon for details). Late night Happy Hour Specials starting at 9 pm, $5.00 specialty drinks and appetizer specials $4.99. Take your pic with Shrimp Louie and play with hula hoops.
The Wharf Cinema Center
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: 20% off Kama`aina Discount
- Cool Cat Cafe: 20% off Kama`aina Discount
- Maui Island Coffee: $2. Off 1 pound 100% Kona Coffee
- Pad Thai: 15% Off Food Only
- Pho Saigon 808: 10% Off Food only.
- Down The Hatch: “Fresh Squeezed Fridays”, featuring Handcrafted Cocktails by house craftsmen Rio & Bree 8-10pm. Followed by the “Official Art Walk After Party”! Happy hour 3-7pm.
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% Off Kama’aina Discount
- Amigo’s Authentic Mexican Food: Buy one entree, get 50% off second
- Crazy Shirts: Screen Printing Demo with a Complimentary screen print with purchase
- Hang loose Hammocks: $5 Off any Hammock
- Hibiscus Boutique: 20% Off Regular Priced Jewelry
- JC Chism: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
- KC Hawaiian Fashions: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
- Lahaina Lifestyle: 10% Off Regular Priced Items
- Lana’s Boutique: 10% – 50% Off Sterling Silver & Handmade Jewelry
- L’Infini: 20% Off Jewelry; 10% Off Gift Items
- Quilts ‘N Fabric: Free Gift with Purchase of $50 or more
- Simon-Jon Gallery: 10% – 20% Discount on Select Items
- T-Shirt Factory: Buy 4 Shirts and Get 5th One Free
- Three D Gallery: Free Gift with Purchase of $20 or more
THE OUTLETS OF MAUI
The Outlets of Maui is pleased to present monthly Keiki hula shows every 2nd and 4th Fridays, 5pm-5:45pm by Na Pua O Kapi`olani. All are invited to come and enjoy this wonderful performance. Renowned as the longest running weekly Keiki hula show in the State, Na Pua O Kapi`olani performs traditional hula, Tahitian and a variety of dances from other Polynesian islands. Accompanied by a live band and led by Kumu Hula Kathy Ralar, the Keiki performers sing, dance, chant, and story tell their way into our hearts with the memorable stories and songs of Polynesia.
BALDWIN HOME MUSEUM
The popular candlelit tour of the Baldwin Home Museum will be held from 6- 8:30pm. The museum is located on the corner of Front and Dickenson streets. The $7 fee includes admission to the Wo Hing Museum at 858 Front Street. Children 12 and under accompanied by a paying adult are free. For more information and a schedule of upcoming events, please contact Lahaina Restoration Foundation at 661-3262 or visit www.lahainarestoration.org.
About Friday Town Parties
Showcasing the unique nature of our historic towns, Maui Friday Town Parties bring the community together for a pau hana night of outdoor music, art, food, and Maui culture. There is a town party every Friday of the month: Wailuku First Friday, Lahaina Second Friday, Makawao Third Friday and Kihei Fourth Friday.
Residents are encouraged to kick back and enjoy the fun. Free.
Check www.mauifridays.com for latest event listings.
General event questions: 270-7710, email email@example.com